L&S Career Initiative and Career Services Summer Internship Scholarships
Awards range from $2000 – $5000 and are made possible through the generous donations from the Henderson-Reznick family, the Shinners family, and the Picus family.
Applications are due on March 31, 2017. Students may apply through their Scholarships@UW-Madison page.
- Must be a College of Letters & Science student
- Graduating in December 2017 or May/August 2018
- Must be in residence (on campus) for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must have an internship offer prior to applying for scholarship
- Must be enrolled in a UW-Madison sponsored internship course (students are responsible for all fees associated with required course credits).
- Domestic Internships: Students are required to enroll in Inter-LS 260 or another approved UW-Madison internship course. Instructions about enrollment will be emailed to award recipients.
- International Internships: For internships occurring outside of the United States, students are required to work with the International Internship Program (IIP) to obtain academic credit. For more information: http://internships.international.wisc.edu/students/wip/.
Preference given to students seeking internships in the non-profit, humanitarian, scientific research or government sectors. Preference also given to students that have not had any internship experiences to date.
Allen Internship Financial Support Application – for UNPAID internships
Limited funds are available for students participating in UNPAID internships in the summer 2017. Students shall complete the online application form linked below.
To be eligible for financial support students must:
1. Be a current CALS undergraduate, in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
2. Participate in an UNPAID internship experience.
3. To receive funds in summer 2017 students must be an enrolled student in at least 1 credit of summer courses.
4. Provide confirmation from internship supervisor, stating the terms (timeframe and nature of work) of internship. This confirmation (on organization letterhead) can be emailed to Megan O’Rourke, CALS Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: Allen Internship Financial Support – Verification
Please complete online application by Monday, April 23 at 4:30pm. Applicants will be notified during final exams week or sooner.
The Division of Continuing Studies application for the UW-Madison Undergraduate Scholarship for Summer Study is now open. This need-based scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students (of any major) seeking financial support to take courses in the upcoming summer session. Scholarships awards will range from $500-$1,500. The application is open until April 4, 2017.
To learn more, go to https://summer.wisc.edu/summer-scholarship/
Wednesday, February 15, 6-7pm
Gordon Dining and Events Center, Sonata Room
Tuesday, February 21, 6-7pm
Dejope Hall, Lake Mendota Room
Join Summer Term and University Housing to learn about Summer Term opportunities including courses, scholarships and University Residence Hall options. A student panel will share their Summer Term experiences.
All students are welcome. You do not have to live in a residence hall to attend.
Can’t make it? Visit Summer Term online or email email@example.com with questions.
Are you a returning adult, single parent, or other nontraditional student who is struggling to cover the costs of your education? Do you have at least one year left in your UW-Madison degree program, or will you be starting a new UW-Madison degree program? If so, you may be eligible for a scholarship!
The Division of Continuing Studies Adult Career and Special Student Services (ACSSS) office administers multiple scholarships specifically designed for nontraditional students. We encourage you to visit our website for more information, as well as detailed instructions and a practice copy of the application.
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 scholarship competition is February 20, 2017. Apply through Scholarships @UW-Madison by clicking Visit My Scholarships, or through the same link available in your Student Center.
Additional opportunities for support, including our Continuing Education grants, are available through the Financial Assistance link on our webpage.
Scholarship recipients will be notified of their selection at the end of March-early April.
If you have any questions about our scholarships, please contact us.
Adult Career & Special Student Services
Division of Continuing Studies, UW-Madison
21 North Park Street, Suite 7101
Madison, WI 53715-1218
CALLING ALL CALS STUDENTS! INTERESTED IN FREE MONEY?
If so, then fill out the CALS Scholarship Application at Scholarships@UW-Madison. The CALS 2017-2018 Scholarship Application opens November 1, 2016. The application will remain open until midnight (11:59:59 pm) on February 1, 2017, but don’t wait until the last minute! Waiting to submit your scholarship application could create a high volume of traffic at a critical time. By filling out one application, you are applying to every scholarship offered by CALS whose criteria you match; keep in mind that all CALS students must apply every year to be eligible.
To complete your CALS scholarship application:
* Visit scholarships.wisc.edu<http://www.scholarships.wisc.edu>
* Click the “Visit my Scholarships” button
* Provide your log-in information and confirm your Academic/Contact Information
* Complete the application presented to you via the matching process. Keep in mind that once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to update/edit it.
If you do not intend to complete your application, please cancel your application so we do not send you any additional reminders.
Last year CALS awarded over 750 scholarships totaling approximately $1,500,000. CALS offers scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students. Awards are given to students in every major, so every CALS student is strongly encouraged to apply.
These scholarships will be distributed in the 2017-2018 academic year, so students graduating in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017 need not apply.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 608-262-3003 for further information about CALS scholarships.
This $1,000 award for leadership, service and scholarship recognizes L&S juniors or seniors who have made outstanding leadership and service contributions to the University and/or the surrounding communities while maintaining a record of academic excellence. A minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA is required for the Letters & Science award. Only candidates with an exemplary record of leadership and service will be considered for this award. Award is paid out in May 2017.
Application period: January 17, 2017 – March 1, 2017
Application will be available at https://scholarships.wisc.edu/StudentApp
Contact email@example.com with questions.
There are two scholarship opportunities available (listed below) for undergraduates intending to go to medical school.
Students must apply by January 9, 2017 for consideration through the Scholarships@UW-Madison portal.
Essays, 2 letters of recommendations, and a resumé are required for submission.
1. The Walter R. Ebling Scholarship (any school or college)
This scholarship awards up to $5,000 (paid out in January 2017) to a WI high school graduate with junior (3rd year) or senior (4th year) status intending to go to the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health.
2. The Mathea Helen and Lawless Louis Mollere Pre-Medicine Scholarship
This scholarship awards up to $9,000 to a junior or senior (paid out Fall 2017 and Spring 2018) to a College of Letters & Science student with financial need. There is a special emphasis on the importance of exploration of the liberal arts experience.
An incredible scholarship opportunity for women in STEM – http://www.scienceambassadorscholarship.org/. As seen on the website, this is a “full tuition scholarship for a woman seeking an undergraduate degree in science, engineering, or math, funded by Cards Against Humanity” and could be awarded to either current undergrads or high school seniors entering college next year. The deadline is December 11, 2016.